These muffins are not only easy to make but they are also packed with nutrients! We opted for coconut oil to provide healthy fat to balance hormones and buckwheat flour for additional protein and to make them gluten-free. We also added carrots and pumpkin to give your body the fiber and nutrients it needs to start the day feeling its best.
We loved making these because it shows how adding superfoods into baked goods is another way to include them in your diet in a fun and tasty way. We also love using alternatives to traditional sugar, like monk fruit and maple syrup, to provide sweetness in a healthier way!
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Can Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Milk Alternative (Water Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp GoldynGlow Blend of Choice
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F, then grease a muffin tin and set aside for later.
- Melt your coconut oil and combine in a bowl with the maple syrup and eggs. Beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, then slowly add in the milk(or water) until everything is evenly combined.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and shredded carrots until they are well combined.
- Pour your batter into the muffin tin cups until they are about 3/4 of the way full, then bake for 50-55 minutes (or until you can insert a toothpick into the center and have it come out clean)
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!